The European Stroke Organisation
ESO serves as the voice of stroke in Europe, harmonising stroke management across the whole of Europe and taking action to reduce the burden of stroke regionally and globally.
The European Stroke Organisation (ESO) is a pan-European society of stroke researchers and physicians, national and regional stroke societies and lay organisations that was founded in December 2007. The ESO is an NGO comprised of individual and organisational members.
The aim of the ESO is to reduce the burden of stroke by changing the way that stroke is viewed and treated. This can only be achieved by professional and public education, and making institutional changes. ESO serves as the voice of stroke in Europe, harmonising stroke management across the whole of Europe and taking action to reduce the burden of stroke regionally and globally.
The Mission of the ESO
The mission of the ESO is to reduce the burden of stroke.
ESO aims to improve stroke care by providing medical education to healthcare professionals and the lay public. By offering best practice approaches, the ESO’s goal is to harmonise stroke management in Europe. ESO works as the voice of stroke in Europe to bring about political change. The ESO focuses on European level projects while working toward global solutions.
The ESO is dedicated to the following purposes:
- To promote awareness, management, teaching and research in all aspects of stroke;
- To develop and promote public policies to reduce the number of deaths by stroke and to improve the care of stroke victims and the quality of life of stroke victims.
- To reduce the burden of stroke throughout Europe
- To develop and promote professional and public education;
- To develop and promote other appropriate activities such as fundraising and prevention programs;
- To develop, promote, and coordinate international teaching programs through national/regional organisations;
- To advise and guide on fundraising skills in order to enable national foundations and societies to finance a greater level and range of activities;
- To foster the development of an international communications system by encouraging the regional activities of organisations, stroke networks, foundations and organisations, as they operate within the goals and objectives of the organisation.
To learn more about ESO please visit the Society website: https://eso-stroke.org
For information regarding membership please visit: https://eso-stroke.org/membership/