The top platform for presenting your research is at the ESO-WSO Conference
- Abstract Submission Deadline for all topics except ongoing trials: Wednesday, 15 January 2020, midnight CET (23:59).
- Abstract Submission Deadline for ongoing trials: Wednesday, 25 March 2020, midnight CET (23:59).
Important please read:
The ongoing trials topic– is only for proposed posters that will describe the design and/or progress of ongoing trials – trials that will not have closed in time to present results at ESO-WSO 2020, (May 12-15).
Note: Abstracts describing as yet unfinished trials which will complete in time to present results at ESO-WSO 2020 must be submitted as placeholder abstracts for late-breaking results in the main abstract submission, under the most relevant trial topic by the general deadline of January 15th. You will find an option to indicate that your submission is a placeholder abstract. A placeholder abstract should describe the trial and the analyses that will be available. You can update your abstract with results during the late breaking submission window from 24 February 2020 to 1 April 2020. If you anticipate having a late-breaking trial, you must submit a placeholder abstract by January 15th. This will assist the conference committee in reserving a suitable slot on the program.
View the Abstract Topics
|Abstract Submission Opens||September 2019|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||For all topics except ongoing trials: Wednesday, 15 January 2020, midnight CET (23:59)|
For ongoing trials: Wednesday, 25 March 2020, midnight CET (23:59)
*There will not be an extension to this deadline
|Abstract Notification*||Early March 2020|
|Late Breaking Abstract Submission Opens||February 24, 2020|
|Late Breaking Abstract Submission Deadline||April 1, 2020, midnight CET (23:59).|
|Late Breaking Abstract Submission Notification*||Mid-April 2020|
*Note all efforts are made to send notification by the planned date. Should there be any delays with the selection process, revised date will be posted here
Rules for Submission
Please read the submission rules before submitting an abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted online via the website only.
ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED BY EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Presentation Type: Abstracts may be submitted for oral or poster presentation.
The Scientific Abstracts Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted for presentation, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The same person may submit up to 5 abstracts regardless of presenting author.
- The same person may serve as presenting author on up to 5 abstracts.
- Presenting authors must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by March 17, 2020 will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official conference publications.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and agree to its submission, before submitting the abstract.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the peer-reviewed journal.
- Previously Presented/Published Policy: Abstracts that have been previously presented or Published may not be submitted.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
All abstracts should be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university specific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest: Abstract submitters will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form.
- Instructions for preparation of presentations will be made available on the conference website.
- Publication Embargo: ESO-WSO 2020 has an embargo policy on all abstracts submitted to the conference. The embargo will be lifted on May 13, 2020.
Guidelines for Submission
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details:
-Full first and family name(s)
– Email address
– Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
– Phone number
- Author and co-authors’ details
- Preferred Presentation type: Oral/Poster presentation/ Poster Viewing
- Abstract title – must be in UPPER CASE and limited to 25 words. Please submit symbols as words.
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words including acknowledgements. Please note word count is affected when tables are included.
- Abstract topic– select the abstract topic per the list of topics
- Images– The maximum file size of each image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload images in JPG, GIF or PNG format.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
Background and aims
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
- Use generic names of drugs. The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
- Submissions may not contain patient names, hospital ID numbers or other identifying information.
- The submission form allows you to store your abstract as a DRAFT until the deadline. After the deadline if not submitted, drafts will be deleted.
- Click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the process in order to submit your abstract. Changes will not be possible to your abstract after it is submitted.
- You will receive an abstract ID number via email after you have submitted your abstract. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact us if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been submitted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
Abstract Submitters’ Declaration
During abstract submission you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the following:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Conference website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by him/her (Hereafter: the “Content“) to ESO-WSO 2020and Kenes International (Hereafter: the “Organizers“), nor the publication of any such Content by the Organizers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants the Organisers a copyright license to reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the text of the Content on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on abstract correspondence.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I understand that I must select a specific Theme, Topic and/or Sub-Topic for my abstract allocation. Although the Committee will work hard to honor this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Theme, Topic or Sub-Topic under which the abstract was originally submitted.
Scientific Abstracts committee
- Alexander Thiel – Canada, Chair
- Alistair Webb -UK, Chair
- Eivind Berge – Norway
- Geert Jan Biessels – the Netherlands
- Bruce Campbell – Australia
- Valery Feigin – New Zealand
- Pooja Khatri-USA