Get to know the ESO-WSO 2020 Conference organising societies
The European Stroke Organisation
The European Stroke Organisation (ESO) is a pan-European society of stroke researchers and physicians, national and regional stroke societies and lay organisations that was founded in December 2007. The ESO is an NGO comprised of individual and organisational members.
The aim of the ESO is to reduce the burden of stroke by changing the way that stroke is viewed and treated. This can only be achieved by professional and public education, and making institutional changes. ESO serves as the voice of stroke in Europe, harmonising stroke management across the whole of Europe and taking action to reduce the burden of stroke regionally and globally.
The mission of the ESO is to reduce the burden of stroke. ESO aims to improve stroke care by providing medical education to healthcare professionals and the lay public. By offering best practice approaches, the ESO’s goal is to harmonise stroke management in Europe. ESO works as the voice of stroke in Europe to bring about political change. The ESO focuses on European level projects while working toward global solutions.
The ESO is dedicated to the following purposes:
- To promote awareness, management, teaching and research in all aspects of stroke;
- To develop and promote public policies to reduce the number of deaths by stroke and to improve the care of stroke victims and the quality of life of stroke victims.
- To reduce the burden of stroke throughout Europe
- To develop and promote professional and public education;
- To develop and promote other appropriate activities such as fundraising and prevention programs;
- To develop, promote, and coordinate international teaching programs through national/regional organisations;
- To advise and guide on fundraising skills in order to enable national foundations and societies to finance a greater level and range of activities;
- To foster the development of an international communications system by encouraging the regional activities of organisations, stroke networks, foundations and organisations, as they operate within the goals and objectives of the organisation.
To learn more about ESO please visit the Society website: https://eso-stroke.org
The World Stroke Organization
The World Stroke Organization (WSO) is the world’s leading organization in the fight against stroke. It was established in October 2006 through the merger of the International Stroke Society and the World Stroke Federation with the purpose of creating one world voice for stroke. Today, WSO has more than 4000 individual members and over 60 society members from 85 different countries.
Our mission is to reduce the global burden of stroke through prevention, treatment and long term care. We aim to accomplish its mission by:
- Fostering the best standards of practice
- Increasing stroke awareness among the population and among health professionals
- Preventing subtle cerebrovascular disease leading to gait disorders, imbalance, vascular cognitive impairment and behavioural changes
- Influencing policies for stroke prevention and improved health services
- Providing education in collaboration with public and private organizations
- Facilitating stroke research advocacy for people with stroke
- Fostering the development of systems and organisations for long term support of stroke survivors and their families
For more information, please visit the WSO website: https://www.world-stroke.org/